Thursday, April 28, 2011

A few things I've done

I used a old "Old navy" knit dress for this. I basically res-used the shape of the top and then added a skirt to it.
Here MEC wanted a twirling dress as she put it "Mama could you make a twirly dress that twirls bigger than Alma's". I thought I had enough fabric to make one but unfortunately not. The twirly bigger than Alma's dress will be for later. In the meantime we have a hint of carribean summer in San Diego.

This is my first attempt at shirring. When I made the first half of the dress and I wrinkled everything with steam I giggled like a little girl. I wanted to add sleeves to that dress but that was denied by the person who is going to wear it. I also wanted to add a big pocket to add a bit of color. This also was denied but I may make it anyways....


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Sophie! Cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie, these dresses are very very good.
    Go ahead and design the yoga mat carrier.
    I'll be bugging you for the window seats soon.

    -Ambika

    ReplyDelete